“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.” ~W.C. Fields
The flavors and aromas of this chicken curry dish are a delight to the senses. Goachi worthy! This dish is best served with Jasmine or Basmati rice, a nice bottle of wine and some good company!
- 3 Tbsp argan oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 1/2 Tsp white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 Tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 Tbsp of salt
- 3 chicken breasts halves, cut into small pieces/cubes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat argan oil in a skillet pan over medium heat. Salute onion until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, curry, cinnamon, paprika, bay leaf, ginger, sugar and salt. Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, tomato paste, yogurt, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, and stir in lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Set one hell of a romantic dinner table, crack open a nice bottle of wine and enjoy!
Leave a comment