Indian Cuisine Inspiration
"No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after eating one peanut." ~Channing Pollock
The other day I found this recipe in an Asian cookbook, I bought a couple of years back, and with some small personal adjustments this recipe turned out to be the best shrimp curry dish ever!! This Indian recipe plays with your senses and helps spice things up at home.
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients Indian Shrimp
- 750 grams of fresh shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of argan oil
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 red chilli peppers, without seeds and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 8 leaves of Lucia Lima (lemon verbena)
- 3 table spoons of grated fresh coconut
- 5dl coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Spread the coconut on a baking tray and roast it about 10 minutes until the grated coconut is slightly golden brown.
- Clean and peel the shrimp.
- Heat the argan oil in a medium sized pan. Sauté de onion until it's slightly yellow. Add the garlic, chilli peppers, turmeric and lemon verbena leaves and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and saffron. Let the curry simmer for 10 minutes on low heat (leave the pot uncovered).
- Add the shrimp and stir. Let the curry simmer for 12 minutes, until the shrimp are soft.
- Garnish with the grated coconut and coriander and ready to serve!
Leave a comment