"Only the pure in heart can make a good soup." ~Ludwig van Beethoven
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1 can (400ml) chicken broth
- 6 3cm slices fresh ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 250grams boned, skinned chicken breasts, cut into small little cubes
- 1 cup sliced Marron mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 1 Tsp Thai chili paste (see Thai Shrimp Curry recipe)
- 1/4 cup fresh cut basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cut cilantro
- 5 Lucia Lima Leaves
- 1 small red chili pepper
- In a medium skillet, combine coconut milk, chicken broth, ginger, lucia lima leaves and lemon grass and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, chili pepper, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chili paste. Reduce heat and let the soup simmer 5 to 10 minutes until chicken is firm.
- Discard lemongrass, lucia lima leaves and ginger slices.
- Garnish soup with basil and cilantro and ready to serve!
Leave a comment