"A well-made salad must have a certain uniformity; it should make perfect sense for those ingredients to share a bowl." ~Yotam Ottolenghi
Preparation Time: 20 min; Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1 kg shrimp
- 2,5 Tbsp Kosher Salt + 1 Tsp salt
- 1 lemon (sliced in quarters)
- 2 cups (homemade) mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 minced red onion
- 1 minced green onion
- 3 cups minced celery
- Bring 1 litre of water, 2,5 Tbsp salt and lemon to a boil in a large skillet. Add half the shrimp and let simmer on medium heat during 3 minutes (leave the skillet uncovered).
- Remove the shrimp with a spoon to a bowl of cold water. Bring the water back to a boil and repeat with the remaining shrimp. Let the shrimp cool, then peel and devein the shrimp.
- Mix in a separate bowl the homemade mayonnaise, mustard, wine vinegar, 1 tsp salt, pepper and dill. Combine with the peeled shrimp. Add the red onion, green onion and celery.
- Cover and refrigerate a couple hours and serve cold!
Leave a comment